The Selectaglaze system has been assessed and tested to demonstrate high performance and so provide peace of mind to anyone considering installing the products.
- The thermal efficiency of Selectaglaze secondary glazing in conjunction with existing primary windows has been assessed at the Centre for Window Cladding and Technology (CWCT).
- Frames incorporating standard glass can reduce heat loss by around 50%
- Frames incorporating single panes of low emissivity glass can reduce heat loss by around two thirds and exceed the performance required by Part L of the Building Regulations
- A sealed unit option in casement units provides triple glazing and an even higher thermal rating
- High performance frame seals minimise airborne heat loss through the windows. Seals also markedly reduce the discomfort produced by draughts
- Selectaglaze systems have been tested at The Taylor Woodrow Technology Centre in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-3:1995
- A sound reduction of 45dB is readily achievable and 56dB has been registered in combination with a double glazed window
- Noise insulation increases with the gap between the windows. A minimum 100mm is recommended
- A range of glass options up to 12mm thick is available to optimise performance
Selectaglaze systems have been tested at The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB), at the Spadeadam Blast Test range and Chiltern International Fire.
Security products are licensed to Secured by Design