Accounts and Administration Assistant
The core objective of this role is to support our Management Accountant in the delivery of the finance function with involvement in areas such as sales and purchase ledgers, bank reconciliations, payroll administration, debtors reports etc.
The role also provides administrative support for the company such as maintaining the servicing, MOT and tax for our company vehicles and any adhoc projects that come up like organising our new meeting room and ordering the meeting table and chairs etc.
Our ideal candidate:
We’re happy to train the right person if they have some experience in finance and/or administration.
Overall, we are looking for someone with an aptitude for numbers and attention to detail who is proactive and organised.
Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task are also important to succeed in this role along with an appreciation of how to maintain confidentiality and create good processes and systems within your work.
In general, we value people who are kind, proactive, self-accountable, focus on solutions not problems and have a continuous desire to learn, grow and improve their roles for the company.
We want our team to be happy so that our customers get the best possible experience they can have. We’d love to hear from you if you think you’d fit in with our team.
£23,000 – £27,625 per annum FTE, depending on skills and experience.
Flexible. We would like hours to be worked over 5 days a week Monday to Friday but we are happy to accommodate the successful candidate’s hours as long as they are a minimum of 37.5 per week and a maximum of 42.5 per week.
Our full-time hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm so start and finish times need to be within those core hours. Please state what hours you would like in your covering letter.
For more information on the role and the attributes of our ideal candidate please see the job description below.
To apply please send us your CV with a covering letter to highlight your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Providing support to the Senior Management Accountant in the delivery of the finance function for both Aspect Windows and Exeter Trade Aluminium.
- Contributing to the success of the customer’s journey with the timely issue of sales invoices and professional collection of payment.
- Timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices to adhere to supplier payment terms.
- Providing other departments within the company with timely and proactive support as required.
Key areas of performance
- Raise sales, supply only and maintenance orders
- Raise and email sales ledger invoices to customers
- Enter sales invoices onto Sage
- Post sales ledger receipts onto Sage
- Chase outstanding accounts, interims ahead of installation and final accounts so guarantees can be issued once jobs have been paid in full
- Process credit card payments over the phone
- Monitor and respond to customer enquiries via phone and email
- Archive jobs on completion
- Register jobs with FENSA and QANW
- Receive and process purchase orders
- Receive and process delivery notes
- Enter all cost of sale and overhead invoices onto Sage ensuring all costs invoiced match agreed contracts put in place
- Notify suppliers of invoice discrepancies and follow up accordingly to resolve
- Preparation of monthly supplier payment run
- Reconciling monthly supplier statements
- Effectively manage the stock control process of bought in products
- Check bank accounts for payments and receipts and allocate accordingly
- Conduct weekly bank reconciliations
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and post onto Sage
- Review weekly timesheets for accuracy
- Post the Installers’ hours to the correct installation on iFlow for job costing purposes
- Manage and maintain holiday schedules
- Record periods of absence
- Produce and issue weekly Orders Won report
- Monthly intercompany reconciliation and reporting
- Produce weekly debtors report for review
- Prepare month end journals
- Conduct the monthly turnover reconciliation
- Adhoc company projects or administrative tasks as requested by management team
- Implement and manage an effective filing and archiving system
- Organise the servicing, MOT and road tax of company vehicles
- Maintain vehicle fuel records
- Perform fire alarm testing on a weekly basis
- Monitor and replenish stationery stocks as required
- Dispose of confidential information for the company
- General everyday support tasks for the company
- Strong Excel and systems skills
- Good ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Committed and able to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to adapt to differing priorities and work effectively to timelines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to build strong working relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Excellent spoken (including telephone) and written communication skills
- Able to interact effectively with a diverse range of people and backgrounds
- Logical and pragmatic
- Focuses on solutions, not problems
- Quality driven
- Emotionally resilient
- Has a friendly, trustworthy and professional attitude
- Assertive (in a calm and confident rather than forceful way)
- Ethically driven, respectful of and motivated to accommodate individual lifestyle, beliefs and norms.
- Desire and ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to change of requirements or direction.
- Appreciates constructive feedback, interpreting it as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Proven financial/administration experience
- Able to balance informality with professionalism with clients and colleagues
- Sage50 knowledge
- Experience of working with confidential information