We are looking for a part-time Sales Co-ordinator/Administrator to join our busy but friendly sales team.
Our high quality products and reputation do the selling for us, so our sales department are not the stereotypical hard-sell windows sales set-up. Our sales departments’ core aim is to ensure that we use our expertise and knowledge to match customers with the best product for their needs. In terms of function, design and budget. Plus ensure that they are guided through their experience in a friendly, professional, informative and responsive manner at all times.
A typical day in this role includes communicating and building relationships with a diverse range of people including prospective clients, contractors and architects, by phone, email and face-to-face. You’ll be the primary responder for incoming telephone calls and email enquiries to answer queries and assign to the best person in the team to meet the customers’ needs.
You’ll also be responsible for qualifying potential customers, booking showroom appointments and assigning their project to the most appropriate Sales Consultant. You will then register all new projects onto our company database, set the key milestones and produce the initial project file. The assigned Sales Consultant will take on the customer from that point.
In addition to being the person who resolves day-to-day issues so that our Sales Consultants can focus on their customers’ projects, you will also be responsible for co-ordinating and organising our brand new showroom, to ensure that it is a welcoming and informative place for our visitors.
Our ideal candidate:
We’re looking for someone who is skilled in and enjoys interacting with a diverse range of people, and thrives on providing excellent customer service by understanding the experience from the customers’ view-point. This will need to be complimented with excellent written and verbal communication skills to transfer your intention into outcomes.
Proven administration skills, good attention to detail and a respect for the value of timely and accurately recorded information are also important.
You’ll need to have the relevant organisational skills, experience and personality to enjoy the fast-paced, multi-tasking, required to effectively manage the large number of potential and existing customers we have at any one time and ensure that they all receive good customer service. We also need someone with the confidence to manage customer expectations in terms of lead times for quotes and projects due to the high demand for our services.
In general, we value people who are proactive, self-accountable, focus on solutions not problems and have a continuous desire to learn, grow and improve themselves and their roles. We want our team to be happy so that our customers get the best possible experience they can have. We’d love to hear from you if you think you’d fit in with our team
£22,000 – £25,000 per annum, pro-rated (based on a 42.5 hour week), depending on skills and experience.
Part-time, 22 – 25 hours per week, across 5 days (Monday to Friday) 9:30am to 2:30/3:00pm.
To apply please email us your CV with a covering letter to highlight your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please find the job description below.
- Providing customers with excellent customer service so that they are impressed by our service from their first point of contact be that by appointment, walk-in or telephone.
- Co-ordinating and organising the showroom so it as effective as possible as our biggest sales tool.
- Ensuring all calls into the Sales Department are answered.
- Providing other departments within the company with accurate and timely information.
- Identifying and implementing improvements into the Sales Department process and procedures to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and customer experience.
Key areas of performance
- The information below provides details on the key elements required for the role holder to perform effectively.
- Provides the primary response to incoming telephone calls (answering within 3 rings whenever possible) to filter and assign to the correct individuals.
- Qualifies potential customers in a professional and friendly way but ensuring that only those who meet our criteria are accepted and assigned to an appropriate Sales Consultant.
- Registers all accepted leads on the company database, along with key milestones and initial file creation for the assigned Sales Consultant, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Efficiently and effectively co-ordinates the showroom diary.
- Ensures that customers or outside contracts always receive a response within an acceptable timeframe.
- Ensures customers receive their quote as soon as possible from the point of agreeing their specifications.
- Ensures that the office canteen is kept clean and tidy.
- As necessary, attends training courses or visits to principal suppliers and manufacturers, to ensure high levels of knowledge about the products and services offered.
- Develops a good rapport with customers
- Effectively liaises with architects, contractors and private clients to establish good working relationships.
- Locks up the building when necessary and ensures it is left secure and safe.
- Communicates ideas for improvements to line manager
- Projects a professional image to all colleagues and clients in both presentation and behaviour.
- Communicates effectively internally and externally
- Constructively questions the way things are done and identifies solutions in order to improve the way we work
- Flexible in approach to work and accepts reasonable requests to perform other tasks within your capability
- Is considerate of the challenges of open-plan working
- Proficient in the use of a range of ICT
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent organisational and time-keeping skills
- Able to build strong working relationships with team members
- Highly organised
- Excellent spoken (including telephone) and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Pays attention to detail, and enjoys it.
- Able to multi-task and keep on top of multiple projects.
- Quality driven
- Able to interact effectively with a diverse range of people and backgrounds
- Emotionally resilient and able to pursue completion despite set-backs.
- Has a friendly, trustworthy and professional attitude
- Ethically driven, respectful of and motivated to accommodate individual lifestyle, beliefs and norms.
- Desire and ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to change of requirements or direction.
- Proven sales experience and/or customer service experience
- Happy and able to work effectively in a busy and noisy open-plan setting
- Able to balance informality with professionalism with clients and colleagues
- Flexible in terms of hours and attitude
- Willing to wear assigned company uniform.
- Able to lift and move objects in the showroom.
- Understanding of relevant legislation e.g GDPR
- Understanding of our products and supply partners.
- Conversant with the current Building Regulation and Health & Safety legislation.
- Experience in a similar industry
- Relevant administrative qualification
- Experience of purchase orders