The role holder will act as our Installations Manager’s right-hand person to ensure that our installations stay on schedule whilst also ensuring we achieve high standards of quality workmanship and customer service.
A typical day will include helping to ensure that the installations teams have everything they need for the day; conducting pre-installation site visits to ensure that the site is safe and ready for install; and post-installation site visits to ensure that our standards of workmanship and customer satisfaction are achieved on every job.
This role is the lynchpin between installers, installation manager, customers and the coordinators back in head office so continuous liaison with all stakeholders is an important part of the day. A combination of site visits and assessments of our electronic installation reports provided by our installation teams at the end of every day will enable you to identify any issues that could affect safety, scheduling or quality and inform the Installations Manager for resolution. You’ll also need to liaise with our purchasing and installations coordinators to arrange any after sales care or rescheduling and keep our customers updated on your commitments to them.
The role holder will also take responsibility for inspecting our fleet of vehicles to ensure that they are safe and project a good impression to potential customers and generally assisting to ensure installations projects run smoothly.
We are the only Ultraline supplier in the South West, an Origin Premium Partner and approved registered distributors for high quality names such as Reynaers, AluK, Internorm, Solarlux and RK Doors. We are committed to providing the role holder with training in the installation of these products to further their knowledge and skills in high quality aluminium glazing so that they are able to overcome any issues that can arise in the complex and large installation projects that we are renowned for handling for our customers.
Our ideal candidate:
We’re looking for someone who has the practical skills and experience of working with aluminium windows and doors to know what is required to achieve a high-quality and safe installation.
You’ll also need the organisational, communication and ICT skills to effectively communicate with all stakeholders to raise and resolve any issues that could impact on quality, safety or schedules and ultimately do everything you can to provide a reassuring and high-quality experience for our customers.
You’ll need to enjoy and have an aptitude for quickly developing a good rapport with a diverse range of people and backgrounds. An aptitude for problem-solving, numbers and detail are also essential along with thriving on the sense of pride that comes from being part of an installation that runs smoothly and an installation department that continually looks to learn and improve with every project.
We are open to the level of experience that a potential employee may bring, which is why we’ve kept our salary range broad to be able to consider someone with the raw attributes to learn quickly despite less practical experience on the job or a more seasoned person who has the skills and experience to hit the ground running.
In general, we value people who are proactive, self-accountable, focus on solutions not problems and have a continuous desire to learn, grow and improve themselves and their roles. We want our team to be happy so that our customers get the best possible experience they can have. We’d love to hear from you if you think you’d fit in with our team
£28,000 – £40,000 per annum (depending on skills and experience) + company vehicle + mobile phone + ipad + uniform all provided
Full-time, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send us your CV with a covering letter to highlight your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more detailed information on the role and the attributes of our ideal candidate please see the job description and person specification below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with the Installation Manager, Installation Department, and self-employed contractors to ensure safe and efficient working practices and high-quality service to our customers.
- Ensuring the day-to-day goals of the installations department are implemented to meet the scheduled deadlines, work quality and customer service standards set by the Installations
- Manager and advise the Installations Manager of any issues.
- Ensuring company vehicles and tools are accounted for, kept safe and in good working condition.
- Assisting the Installations Manager as and when required.
- Assisting or running the installer briefing and loading mornings alongside, or on behalf of the Installation Manager where necessary.
- Assist on Installations as and when required e.g. onsite lifting assistance for large projects, to ensure installations deadlines are met etc.
- Checking that Health & Safety standards are being met throughout the day and raising any concerns with the Installations Manager.
- Interacting with the customer as required and providing a high level of customer service to communicate progress, ensure work is achieved to their remit and an excellent customer service relationship is established.
Key areas of performance
The information below provides details on the key elements required to perform effectively.
- Carries out pre-site visits as required, checking the site is ready and correct for install, in good time before the installation date.
- Carries out post site visits to check standards of workmanship and customer satisfaction are met.
- Updates the Installation Manager immediately with any issues that arise on site that may cause delays to the schedule or cause potential issues or potentially affect our customer service standards.
- Reliably updates the Installation Manger with an overview of progress at the end of each working day.
- Ensures that the installation team are fully aware of their tasks for the day and that they are leaving with all of the resources they need to achieve them.
Undertakes site supervision for live projects ensuring team members are keeping to schedule and all work meets quality standards.
- Produces reports for the Installation Manager and Installation Department as required.
- Conducts monthly vehicle inspections to ensure that the vehicles are safe, effectively maintained and project a good impression to potential customers and ensures that any necessary actions are undertaken immediately.
- Liaises with the Purchasing Coordinator and Storeman to ensure that all product parts are in stock and accessible when needed.
- Liaises with the Storeman to ensure that the factory storage area is organised and safe.
- Creates and maintains an accurate inventory of all tools and equipment belonging to Aspect Windows.
- Works alongside the Service Technician, providing support and helping with stock control on vans where necessary.
- Undertakes Service Technician duties as and when required due to absence.
- When assisting with installation or after-sales work, ensures a good understanding of the scheduled work for the day and completes scheduled work to the required quality standards (found in the Working Principles document).
- Provides technical support to the Installations and After-Sales Coordinator and customers as appropriate.
- Always looks presentable in order to reassure customers that we uphold good standards in all that we do.
- Actively works to implement improvements to company processes, standards and customer service levels and communicates ideas for improvements to the Installation Manager.
- Raises any Health and Safety concerns immediately to the Installation Manager.
- Ensures noise levels are kept to a minimum and any required noise is conducted in socially appropriate times.
- Accurately estimates the time taken to conduct various work as required.
- Always maintains the standards set out in the Aspect Windows Principles of Work document and helps to improve and update those standards as learning opportunities arise and changes in circumstances and procedures evolve.
- A good understanding of what constitutes quality workmanship.
- Proficient in the use of maths to solve practical problems.
- Good understanding of how to ensure one’s own personal safety and the safety of others whilst working.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to effectively communicate with customers.
- Adept at planning and organising yourself and others.
- Has an eye for detail
- Takes pride in work & is quality driven
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to interact well with a diverse range of people and backgrounds.
- Can-do, problem-solving attitude
- Self-motivated and able to maintain drive and enthusiasm even when working alone.
- Able to work well as part of a team acting as a central point between office and site.
- Proven experience of working with Aluminium windows and doors
- Focuses on solutions not problems
- Have a continuous desire to learn, grow and improve
- Able to work in a open-plan environment when in the office.
- Able to get to work-sites which are often rural without access to public transport. (A fully fuelled van is supplied for installations throughout Devon, and Cornwall.)
- Able to sustainably work in a physically demanding environment which includes heavy lifting, variable ground conditions and temperatures.
- Willing and able to wear the required safety equipment.
- Willing and able to satisfy the Disclosure and Barring Service checks required as this role may involve contact with vulnerable people.
- Proficient in the use of a range of ICT.
- Relevant Health and Safety training